In this course attendees will model a small steel and concrete warehouse, and create a series of 2D drawings of it. They will also learn what they can do with the model in regards to Rendering, Walk throughs and Sun Studies. They will also get an introduction to creating 2D and 3D families.
* Customized Training available for per organization
** 15% off for Interscale Autodesk Customer
- Introduction – Understanding the Basics and Concepts, What is Autodesk Revit?, What is meant by parametric?, How does Autodesk Revit keep things updated?, Element behaviour in a parametric modeller, Understanding Autodesk Revit terms, Exploring the User Interface, Some Useful Tools.
- Modelling – Creating a Project, Levels, and Setup Grids, Adding Structural Columns, Working With Elevation and Framing Elevation Markers, Modifying Elevation Markers, Adding Framing Elevation Markers, Placing Walls and Foundations , Creating a New Wall Type, Placing the New Wall Type, Placing Wall Footings, Adding Structural Steel Framing, Structural Steel Connections, Adding Structural Steel Connections, Adding Structural Slabs, Adding Structural Reinforcement.
- Documenting the Project – Working With Views, Using View Display Options, Annotating The Construction Documentation, Scheduling,
- Creating a Drawing Sheet – Create A Title Block Family, Starting The Family, Selecting A Family Template, Drawing The Title Block, Adding Parameters To The Title Block, Try Out The New Family.
- Beyond Modelling – Using Cameras, Rendering, Creating a Walk Through, Creating a Solar Study.
- Creating a Simple Family (A Table) – Creating The Framework, Adding Dimensions To The Framework, Flexing (Testing) The Framework, Adding Extrusions , Adding More Reference Planes, Adding More Extrusions, Flexing (Testing) The Framework, Make A Type Catalog, Try Out The New Family File.